Friday, September 12, 2014

Getting Faster, Slightly


Today I knocked 5 minutes off my time for the 14.25 mile country road loop. I did it in 1 hour and 53 minutes. That averages out to just under 8 minute miles. I have found that there are a few other spots on the loop with dog issues. Today there was a white, with black markings, dog that looked pit bullish in its head and another white dog. These dogs come right out onto the road and are very aggressive. On the road near the golden retriever and collie is a crude spray paint marking of what looks more like a cat and an arrow pointing towards the property. I am thinking that other runners and road race organizers are aware of the dog issue at this house. I am considering getting some sort of spray for protection. Websites all suggest walking through the confrontation and telling the dogs to go home. That kind of stalls my time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment